Say It Loud - We're BRATS and We're Proud!
“B.R.A.T.s” is an historic and
time-honored reference to military children based on the acronym,
“British Regiment Attached Traveler.” Author Pat Conroy called us
an "invisible tribe" - but we won't be invisible for long!
The current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have been shining the light on
military members and their spouses, and we are shining the light on
military "brats" and other "Third Culture Kids" of
every age with our film, our educational programs, and our famous BRATS
Being a brat doesn't end when they take your ID card away or when you graduate from high school. Being a brat is your culture. It defines who you are and where you're "from." The challenges of growing up "brat" don't go away when you enter college, or when the deployments stop. In fact, that's when a lot of the challenges really begin.
So celebrate your culture with the famous BRATS buttons!
Tell the world you're proud to be a military brat or a foreign service brat or a
missionary brat or a corporate brat! Here are just a few of the ways you can put
your BRATS buttons to use:
The possibilities are endless! Join the lucky few
who've nabbed these buttons at screenings and become one of the
burgeoning crowd of brats around the world
who are saying loud "we're BRATS and we're proud!"
- Give them as gifts to the brats in your life!
- Attract other brats - you'll be amazed how many are around you and
you don't even know it!
- Start a great conversation!
- Pass them out at MWR centers, teen clubs, and youth group meetings!
- Hand them out to your clients - many of whom are probably brats!
- Use them to start a dialogue in schools between brats and non-brats!